It’s hard to believe Kendall Jenner walked her first runway show in February 2014, in a sheer deep V and bleached brows for Marc Jacobs. Over the past four weeks, she’s modeled for Givenchy, Balmain, and Chanel, and, in case there was any ambiguity about her popularity, she also holds the title for the most-liked photo on Instagram. The 19-year-old’s wildly successful modeling career has—like the rest of her life—been well documented, but to bid farewell to fashion month, here are five things you likely never knew about Jenner.
1. Jenner got her modeling start when she was 14 years old. In December 2009, she appeared in her very first campaign, “Rocker Babes With a Twist,” for Forever 21. She said that she went to her older sisters for modeling tips. “I looked to Kim for posing advice,” Jenner said. “[Kourtney] said to put my own style into the clothes that I was wearing. I was a little nervous before the shoot, but after I started taking a couple of pictures, it just flowed and it was so fun.”
2. Kendall’s godmother is television host Kathie Lee Gifford. According to Gifford’s daughter, Cassidy, the Today cohost and Kris Jenner met through Bible study many years ago, and the two families remained close ever since. In fact, E! originally pitched Gifford a reality television show about her family, but she directed the network to the Kardashian-Jenner clan instead. (And we all know how that story went.) The momager wrote in her memoir, Kris Jenner…And All Things Kardashian, that Gifford also helped choose the first name of her goddaughter. “I started throwing out names to Kathie Lee,” Jenner wrote. “Kameron . . . Kendall—and she stopped me at Kendall.”
3. Kendall’s middle name is Nicole, “in memory of my dear friend, Nicole Brown Simpson,” Kris Jenner wrote in her memoir. The Kardashians were close to Brown and O.J. Simpson and were famously involved in Simpson’s murder trial; Kris’s ex-husband, Robert Kardashian, was a part of the football player’s “dream team” defense.
4. According to her sister Kylie, Kendall suffered from acne when she was younger. In a beauty profile in The New York Times, the youngest Jenner revealed that it was only through the help of their family dermatologist that her skin improved. “My sister Kendall had really bad acne when she was younger, and she really cleared it up. I thought, ‘Well, if she cured Kendall, I should start to visit her.’”
5. The model’s favorite Instagram feed might come as a small surprise. Jenner told Teen Vogue last month that she’s an avid follower of Boss Homes. “They just post sick mansions and I think it’s really cool,” she said. “I weirdly love interior design and real estate and all of that. I really do. I get chills from it.” Jenner actually just became a homeowner herself. Her starter home is a Beverly Hills condo—reportedly worth $1.4 million—which she paid for entirely on her own.
Watch what happens when we give Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid a selfie stick: