— by Mukul Jain
AD SINGH is one of India’s hottest fashion designers known for his stylish bridal and evening wear. A graduate from WLC UK he is one of the most sought after designer to do shows for brand launches and corporate houses & fashion weeks. His personal style always comprises of glamour garments and shimmer teamed up with Swarovski crystals and innovative cuts that are extremely feminine and fluid. With a strong fan family and top notch celebrity clientele to adorn ad Singh garments the names come from both Hollywood and Bollywood including Nelly Furtado, Minishaa Lamba, Bhumika chawla , Harbhajan singh and many others.
AD Singh is known for his bridal and red carpet clothing among all Bollywood fans and patrons from HNI and NRI Indian community. AD Singh clothing comprises richly textured bridal lenghas in detailed theard and zardosi embroidered laced with over the top interpretation of swarovski crystal application. Let’s see his thoughts in his own words..
1. What is fashion according to you?
Fashion is a state of mind. What you feel, what do u exclude becomes you.
2. How would you describe your personal style?
My personal style is always been glamour, bling but with a dash of comfort
3. What is your inspiration this season?
I have always been inspired by diamonds, this season e are exploring a side of matt diamond look, its something new but something that will definitely be a headturner collection
4. When did you realize you wanted to become a fashion designer?
I always wanted to be a deisgner as I loved the idea of dressing people, there is no high like having ur label on the garment that some one is wearing
5. What advice do you have for aspiring fashion designers?
be yourself do what u think is fashion.
6. What do you dislike about designing clothes?
7. Where do you get your inspiration?
Inspiration is always around u
8. What interest you about fashion?
9. Would you expect your fashion show to go over an hour?
Never. I like it crisp tight and to the point.
10. Do you think hair and make-up makes a difference on a model when promoting the designs? Why?
Yes, it gives the entire look
11. What skills do you think someone would need to put on a design?
Creativity and vision
12. What makes a good design?
Same as above i.e. Creativity and vision
13. What motivated you to start your own designer wear brand?
there is no better height hen seeing your label on someone . So since childhood i pursued a dream to start by label which eventually became an obsession
14. Famous people that you have dressed?
nelly furtado , jila breeze, and many bollywood starlets
15. Your style guru?
I like karl lagerfield
16. Any words for your followers and intoxicated fashion?
be yourself. Everyone is born with a unique style. Flaunt your style
17. What are your future plans as a designer?
Maintain our steady and tremendous growth rate.