All you need to know about the most beautiful women on the planet.
Victoria’s Secret is the biggest manufacturer of women’s lingerie. It has over 1000 stores in USA. In 2012 Victoria’s Secret had revenue of 1 billion USD.
In the 80s Victoria’s Secret completely transformed the idea of woman’s underwear. This company influenced the evolution and acceptance of women’s underwear. They succeeded in changing the old-fashioned department stores that were selling practical everyday underwear in the 80s, usually sold in sets of 3 pieces.
With their strategy, Victoria’s Secret redefined the cultural norms and succeeded in trending the lingerie.
They started their promotion of the lingerie with the help of the runways in the last decade of the last century. The budget for their first show was 120.000 USD. Their first advertising campaign was in 1997.
The models of the runways, called Runway Angels are the most recognized representatives of the brand nowadays. Over the times, the Angels were changed.
The brand created a list of their top 10 models. Let’s take a look at the most famous angels and the last Victoria’s Secret top list of the hottest Victoria’s Secret angels ever.
10. Izabel Goulart She is first of the 4 Brazilian Victoria’s Secret angels, born on 23 October 1985 in Sao Carlos. She was discovered accidentally, while grocery shopping with her mother. She became popular working as one of Victoria’s Secret angels in 2005.
9. Laetitia Casta She is a French model and an actress, born 11 May 1978. A photographer from Paris fashion agency – Medison spotted her as a 15 year old girl, while she was on vacation with her parents. Despite her height of 169, which is below the limit for modeling, she began working for the Guess fashion house. She becomes Victoria’s Secret model in 1996 and promotes lingerie, five years later she becomes one of angels. –
8. Daniela Peštova She is born on 14 October 1970. Her plans for continuing school are changing when she was 19 and discovered by Madison Modeling Agency. She won the modeling casting and stays in Paris. Later she leaves for New York and develops her modeling career.
7. Alessandra Ambrosio This Brazilian beauty is born on 11 April 1981. She started with modeling lessons when she was 12. She has worked for numerous well-known brands like Revlon, Dior, Armani, Oscar de la Renta, Loren etc. She was often on the covers of Cosmopolitan, Vogue, Elle etc. She reached her popularity since 2000 when she became one of Victoria’s Secret angels. She is often called most beautiful and sexiest woman in the world. She was named one of the 100 most beautiful women in the world in 2007 by People magazine. She is one of the best earning models.
6. Stephanie Seymour She is American model and actress, born on 23 July 1968 in San Diego. She is one of the first Victoria’s Secret models, when Victoria’s Secret was relatively small company. That helped her gain the supermodel status, appearing on various runways, music videos and TV shows. She worked for various magazines and designers.
5. Adriana Lima Born on 12 June 1981, she is one of Victoria’s Secret angels since 2000. Her exotic beauty is a result of her ancestry. She is third on the list of most paid models in the world, and 6th most beautiful woman in the world, according to FHM in 2009.
4. Tyra Banks She was born on 4 December 1973. She started her modeling career early. She is he first African American girl that was on the cover of VS catalog. In order to pursue her TV career she withdraw from modeling in May 2005.
3. Gisele Bundchen She was born on 20 June 1980 in Brazil. She worked as a Victoria Secret model from 1999 to 2007. She signed 25 mil USD contract with Victoria’s Secret in 2000. She is the highest paid model in the world.
2. Marissa Miler This American model is born on 6 August 1978. She is known for her Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue appearances where she models for Victoria’s Secret. She becomes one of Victoria’s angels in 2002.
1. Heidi Klum She is a well-known German model, actress, fashion designer and TV producer. She was born on 1 June 1973. She started her modeling career when she was 18. She walked the runway for Victoria’s Secret for the first time in 1996 as a first German model who became one of Victoria’s Secret angel. The Victoria’s Secret angels icon, after 13 years of modeling, decided to leave the lingerie company.